Paleo Banana Bread.
RECIPE BY: Thanks for the Recipe Dr Carl Bamlet, (Alpha Omega Clinic, Christchurch).
35 mins (approx)
1 cup almond flour
½ cup coconut flour
¼ tsp flax seed meal (ground flax seed)
1½ tsp baking powder
1 tsp salt
2 Tbsp coconut oil (melted)
1 Tbsp maple syrup
1 tsp vanilla extract
2 large bananas, mashed
½ tsp cinnamon
In 1 loaf (dairy, soy, and sugar free) dark chocolate/carob chips in moderation (if you can’t find dairy, soy or sugar free don’t use)
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees. Grease 2 small loaf tins or use baking paper.
- Combine dry ingredients in a med bowl
- Combine wet ingredients in a small bowl and whisk together.
- Pour wet into dry ingredients and mix until fully incorporated.
- Divide evenly (dough will be thick) into loaf tins and smooth the tops.
- Bake for 35 mins (may take longer like up to 50 mins). Test with toothpick
- Remove loaves from oven and rest to cool for 5 mins and then transfer to wire rack to continue cooling